Are you looking for a birthday/X-mas/Valentine’s day/just-for-the-sake-of-offering gift? Would you like to celebrate a beloved person? Is your newborn baby just too cute to not have him portrayed? Or maybe your little puppy dog, cat, guinea pig or… gold fish? Or you just wish to bring some life on those dreadfully white walls surrounding you?
Well, if you answered yes to one of the question above, I might be able to help you by painting a picture for you! If not, you can try me anyway!
- You take contact with me, explaining what you’re interested in.
- You send me a photography/picture, or a link to a document, or just describe what you’re looking for. You decide the subject!
- We agree on the details and on a price (or is the price to be considered as a detail too?).
- I work on the painting, and work, and work, and work… (don’t worry, it won’t be that long, it’s just that I enjoy the work part most!).
- When I’m done, I scan it and send it to you so that you can get an idea of the result.
- If you like it, I send it to you and you pay it.
- With your agreement, I will post the various steps of the painting on this blog, so that you (and others) can observe its progression step by step. That’s open-source painting… 😉
Does it not seem straightforward?
OK! I see you coming with the price tag question, so let’s go through this… The price has to be considered reasonable for both sides, and will depend upon the complexity and the size. I won’t ask you 500€ for a mere 2 hours work, but don’t expect me to accept a 60x40cm portrait order for 50€ either. As a rule of thumb, I would for example ask you about 120€ (~150CHF/$) for a 18x24cm painting that would take me 4 to 5 hours of work. Seems fair enough to me.
And in the case you don’t like the finished work, no (big) deal: you keep the money, I keep the painting, and we stay good friends!
But I’ll do my best so that you like it, so jump to step one and… get in touch with me!